Monday, September 3, 2012

I am Moffat!

Within the last 24 hours, sparacus has blogged that the first episode of the new season of Doctor Who continues a subplot he created for the near-impossible-to-find-even-more-impossible-to-read Deviant Seed. Now, personally, I would have kept quiet about this myself as sparacus has basically said that absolutely nothing else he has ever written is worthy of televisual exploration. It also shows he's slightly confused that he "started" an ongoing plotline that has been in existence ever since The Eleventh Hour. In plain sight.

But the fact is, alas, that Moff was inspired by the semi-illiterate drivel in the quarantine zone of Gallifrey Base, the web forum he has publically lambasted for the last four years and refuses to attend. It was a sheer fluke he encountered the camp-bordering-on-that-freak-from-Eat-the-Rich tale of the Doctor and the Master putting aside their battle to discuss antique pottery during the English civil war while a Chatham expy ate pies containing the severed genitals of Roundhead soldiers.

This fluke aside, the fact is that Moff is actually totally dependant on me for ideas for his new series. The facts are there people. The Doctor, Amy, Rory and River are clearly just Andrew, Eve, Dave and Nigel in a sci-fi context. The crack in the wall? Clearly based on the shattered bit of pavement a few streets away from where I live. He's continuing RTD's habit of turning to me when he needs advice, plots, dialogue suggestions and the like - after all, was Season Fnarg not inspired by Drop Dead Fred, my favorite film? Did I not suggest, months in advance, the split-reality-dream motif of Amy's Choice? And anyone who read The Enemy Within will certainly know I practically ghostwrote the Season 3 finale. I've been in contact with Who illumni like Rob Shearman, Cavan Scott and Mark Wright, as well as on first name terms with Katy Manning. That's bound to cause waves in the televisual community. I own the Auton trilogy on DVD! I have all the Stammers Howe and Walker books! I am the eminent whovianologist! ICH BIN FUCKING CONTENDER!!!!

Look at the video below. Is this a vision of Doctor Who inspired by sparacus, or by myself?

Who needs the Silent Majority when we all know we kill them on sight? 



4 comments:

Jared "No Nickname" Hansen said...

Man, why don't Moffat and RTD steal ideas from me... wait, I don't actually write anything down. That must be part of it..

Youth of Australia said...

Diabolical ingenuity!!!

Hope you're feeling better.

(PS, seen the first episode of the New DW series - it's a Dalek story, but I dare say you might enjoy it anyway; it takes the whole "Daleks are the Ultimate Evil" RTD built up and smashes it to pieces. I doubt they'll be back for any reason other than ratings from now on...)

Jared "No Nickname" Hansen said...

Eh, I've been doing okay, but it's another busy week. It's been a while since I've NOT had a busy week, really..

it's a Dalek story, but I dare say you might enjoy it anyway; it takes the whole "Daleks are the Ultimate Evil" RTD built up and smashes it to pieces

Nice. Well, there seems to have been that pattern to Moffat anyway. One of the reasons I was pretty much the only guy to like Victory of the Daleks was because it felt like a Dalek story from the classic series. The Daleks were just the alien badguys and were defined by their characteristics rather than a status as the ultimate bad guys of the universe...

Youth of Australia said...

Nice. Well, there seems to have been that pattern to Moffat anyway.
Yep. The Daleks are now just one of the nastiest aliens in the universe rather than "ungodly threat to existence". The ending... well, the only way Moffat could have gone harder would be to bring back Davros and then have Steve Foxx beat him up for fifteen minutes straight.

But it STILL treats them with more respect than Eric Saward.

One of the reasons I was pretty much the only guy to like Victory of the Daleks was because it felt like a Dalek story from the classic series.
...wow, Mark Gatiss goes traditional. Shock.

To be honest, I can barely sit through Victory nowadays. I think if scenes of Daleks are better than scenes of humans, the story cannot be good.